Sure you can make some standard old biscuits to accompany that meal but why not try these bacon Parmesan stuffin’ muffins instead. Hearty and filling. These bad boys are some game changers!
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread (about 1 1/4 lbs.), cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the bread evenly on a large baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bread is dried out and golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Increase heat to 375°F.
- Cook the bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10-12 minutes. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate, to remove excess grease. Remove all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper, celery, and onion to the skillet and cook until translucent and tender. Remove and let cool.
- Place bread into a large mixing bowl, then add celery/onion mixture, chicken stock, eggs, bacon, and parmesan cheese. Stir gently until combined.
- Divide stuffing mixture evenly into greased muffin tin. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve and Enjoy.