Grilling season is upon us. Enter the classic grilled BBQ bacon cheeseburger. Yum!
- 8 slices of apple-wood smoked bacon, cooked
- 1 1/2 lb. of ground beef (80% lean / 20% fat)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- green leaf or iceburg lettuce, washed
- hamburger dill chip pickles
- red onion, sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 4 tbsp. ranch salad dressing (substitute mayo or your favorite aoili)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of the grill to create direct (high) and indirect (low) cooking areas.
- Form beef into 4 patties, about 3/4” think and circular in shape. Using your thumb, place a small indention in the center of the patty.
- Coat patties evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Let patties sit at room temperature until ready to grill, about 20 minutes.
- Place patties on grill in a single layer and sear until brown and crispy on bottom, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Move to indirect heat (charcoal) or turn down heat to medium heat (gas grill) and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each patty, cover until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Toast buns on grill, about 1 minute.
- Remove patties and buns from the grill.
- Spread ranch salad dressing (or mayo mixture) on the bottom bun.
- Stack lettuce, onion, tomato, and patty on bun.
- Top patty with bacon strips.
- Finally, pour a little of your favorite BBQ sauce over the bacon and burger, top with bun and serve. Enjoy!