This salad is extremely easy and quick! You can bang out this recipe in 20 minutes and have a great filling salad. Perfect for a summer weeknight dinner.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
Cut chicken breast into small pieces, about 1/4" in diameter.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, onion powder, red chili powder and paprika, to make your dry rub. Season the chicken evenly with the rub.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and toss in chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until no longer pink in center. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash and cut the romaine lettuce, and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Add chicken, corn, beans, cheese and red onions into the salad bowl, mix thoroughly.
- In a small mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce and ranch salad dressing. Mix thoroughly.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and drizzle with BBQ ranch dressing. Enjoy!