Looking for a healthier option to bring as an app!?! Try these zucchini bites for size. Once you bang this recipe out, you’ll definitely want to create your own version of zucchini bites. Keep us posted on how they turn out!
- 3 large zucchini, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven 400°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces, about 1/4" in diameter. Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in chicken once oil heats up. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place zucchini slices onto a baking sheet and brush with the rest of the olive oil evenly. Bake in the oven until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon bbq sauce over each slice, then top with cheese, chicken and onions.
- Bake uncovered until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. .
- Remove from the oven and top with cilantro and a drizzle of bbq sauce. Serve warm.