Here is an interesting twist to the classic Cuban Sandwich, just add a super easy mustard BBQ sauce. You’ll love this one.
- 1 loaf cuban bread or soft roll, sliced for sandwich rolls
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 6 slices thick cut deli meat ham
- 2 cups pork, cooked and shredded (our pulled pork recipe)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced
- cooking spray
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the BBQ sauce and mustard. Slather both sides of the bread with a generous portion of BBQ sauce mixture.
- Heat panini press and coat with cooking spray.
- Layer one side of the bread with ham, pork, cheese and pickles. Top with the other side of bread and place on the panini press.
- When the cheese is melted and the bread is slightly browned, remove sandwiches from the panini press.
- Serve sandos warm, with a side of the mustard-BBQ sauce mixture for dipping. Enjoy!