While “BBQ” is listed in the tile of this recipe, it does not actually call for you to get the grill going. We are going to rely on the slow cooker and some BBQ sauce for this gem.
- 2-3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, red chili powder and paprika, to make your dry rub. Apply your dry rub to the pork shoulder evenly.
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker, fat side up, and add water.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Shred meat with two forks and toss with BBQ sauce. Turn the slow cooker to warm.
- Follow the manufacturer's suggested cooking time on french fry package. Pull french fries from the oven and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread 3/4’s of the fries evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle half of shredded cheese over the fries.
- Top with shredded pork generously.
- Repeat Layers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Top pulled pork fries with green and red onions. Serve with a side of BBQ sauce. Enjoy!