Vegetarian or meat eater option available in this one! These zucchini boats are great with the chicken but are also really good with black beans and corn. It’s up to you…or make both…either way, you will be pleased!
- 3 large zucchini
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 4 green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven 400°F.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces, about 1/4" in diameter.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, onion powder, red chili powder and paprika, to make your dry rub.
- Season the chicken evenly with the rub and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and toss in chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until no longer pink in center. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then trim off the stem ends. Use a spoon to carefully scoop the flesh out of the zucchinis.
- Place zucchini boats onto a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake in the oven until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle half of the BBQ sauce over each slice.
- Top with cheese and chicken.
- For vegetarian, top with black beans, corn and cheese.
- Bake uncovered until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. .
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the BBQ sauce and the ranch dressing and stir thoroughly.
- Top with green onions, cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of the BBQ ranch sauce. Enjoy!