These fajita skewers are perfect for summer grilling! Great for entertaining because you can prep these ahead of time and throw them on the grill as needed.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano and thyme. Stir thoroughly to make your blackened seasoning.
- Place chicken, olive oil and 2-3 tbsp. of your blackened seasoning into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, ensuring all parts of the chicken have been covered with the seasoning. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of grill to create direct (high heat) and indirect (low heat) cooking areas.
- Thread skewers with chicken and vegetables.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes a side or until chicken is thoroughly cooked or internal temperature has reached 165ºF.
- Serve with corn, beans or your favorite side. Enjoy!