This grilled veggie dish pops with the bright flavors of yogurt and mint! You may notice we added a few pieces of grilled chicken in the photo and you can too. But alone this grilled eggplant makes for a hearty meal. Either way this is a fail-safe way to get your veggies!
- 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise 2/3" thick
- 2 cups multicolored cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. low-fat milk
- Heat outdoor grill to medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme and half of the salt and stir thoroughly to make your blackened seasoning.
- Brush eggplant slices with 3 tbsp olive oil and season dust with the blackened seasoning on both sides.
- Place on grill and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender, flipping halfway through.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers, mint, remaining olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, red wine vinegar, and fresh lemon juice.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk and 1/2 tbsp. of the blackened seasoning until creamy. Set aside.
- Place eggplant on serving dish and top with tomato salad. Drizzle yogurt mixture over vegetables. You can also top with chicken or fish. Garnish with mint. Enjoy.