This blackened seasoning really compliments the salmon well and the zucchini noodles make for a light and easy meal. The flavors really come together on this one!
- 1 1/2 lbs. wild salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 zucchini, spiraled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 lemon, wedged
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme and salt. Stir thoroughly to make your blackened seasoning.
- Coat both sides of the salmon evenly with the blackened seasoning.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Cook salmon 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining olive oil to the pan.
- Add peppers and cook for 2 minutes until tender. Add the zucchini noodles and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Serve salmon over the zucchini noodles with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!