You can never go wrong with shrimp. This quick and easy recipe can be executed in under 20 minutes. These blackened shrimp taco lettuce wraps will blow your mind and have you forgetting you are even eating healthy.
- 2 lbs 21-25 ct cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup crema mexicana or sour cream
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 fresno chili, diced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 - 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano and thyme. Stir thoroughly to make your blackened seasoning.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 tbsp of oil, 2 tbsp of your blackened seasoning, and shrimp. Mix together until shrimp is entirely coated with seasoning.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine crema or sour cream and 1 tbsp of taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Assemble wraps: Add avocado and shrimp to lettuce, drizzle with seasoned crema, and garnish with cilantro, chilis, and jalapeño.
- Serve and Enjoy.