Flavor made quick and easy! This simple pasta dish is so flavorful with the richness of the brown butter, the acidity from the tomatoes, and the pop of fresh basil.
- 1 pound pasta
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper and cook 1-2 minutes, until the butter is browning and the garlic is golden and fragrant. Reduce the heat to low and add 1/2 cup pasta water, the pasta, remaining butter, and parmesan. Tossing until melted. Remove from the heat, add 3/4 cup basil, and toss, adding in more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, remaining 1/4 cup basil, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt.
- To serve, divide the pasta among bowls and serve topped with tomatoes. ENJOY.