The Count is in! And, NO it is not time to count calories! Who doesn’t love a Monte Cristo? Here you have it! Fill up your tank with this delicious sando!
- 8 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 slices of texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked ham
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a large cooling rack on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on the rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and chili powder. Coat 2 tbsp. of the brown sugar mixture evenly to one side of bacon.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to paper towels. Drain and set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, mix the 4 eggs, cinnamon and milk together in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Warm a skillet on the stove top on medium high heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and cook in the skillet until browned. Approximately 2-4 minutes a side. Continue with cooking each piece of bread.
- While the bread is still warm, begin to build the sandwich by layering cheese, ham and a generous portion of the brown sugar bacon.
- Serve warm with a side of your favorite jelly. Enjoy!