We sure do love bacon! How about we use it as the vessel with which to bring the food to your face? Make these bacon bowls and shovel some Brown Sugar BLT goodness into your gob!
- 12 slices of applewood smoked thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, diced
- 8 tbsp. ranch salad dressing
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar and chili powder.
- Cut 6 of the bacon strips in half & leave the other strips full length.
- Turn a muffin tin upside down and place two half strips of bacon in an X pattern over the upside down muffin cup. Then wrap a full piece of bacon around the outside of the muffin cup. Repeat for each muffin cup. Dust with approximately 2 tbsp. of brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. Note: Place a larger baking sheet under your upside down muffin tin to catch the bacon grease.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove each bacon cup from the muffin tin and place on paper towels to drain excess grease.
- Place bacon cups on a serving platter and fill with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and green onions.
- Mix together ranch dressing and BBQ sauce. Drizzle the tops of the cups with the mixture. Enjoy!