You read that right…pork on pork! That’s right. We got a pork burger covered with pulled pork. Get your hands dirty and get saucy with this beast!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork (80% lean, 20% fat)
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1 cup pork, cooked and shredded (our pulled pork recipe)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of the grill to create direct (high) and indirect (low) cooking areas.
- Form pork into 4 patties, about 3/4” thick and circular in shape. Using your thumb, place a small indentation in the center of patty.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Coat patties evenly on both sides with the brown sugar mixture.
- Let patties sit at room temperature until ready to grill, about 20 minutes.
- Place patties on grill in a single layer and sear until brown and crispy on bottom, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Move to indirect heat (charcoal) or turn down heat to medium heat (gas grill) and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute.
- Remove patties and buns from the grill.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the pork on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce into the saucepan and stir and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until warm.
- Stack coleslaw, pork burger, pulled pork on bun.
- Finally, pour a drizzle of BBQ sauce over the burger, top with the bun and serve warm. Enjoy!