- 1 cake flavor of your choice baked
- 1 small batch of icing
- Candy melts (color of choice)
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Squeeze bottle
- Cakesicle molds or round molds
- Once the cake is baked dump into a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. I use two 10 in rounds.
- Turn mixer on low speed until cake starts to crumble.
- Add just enough icing for it to all come together like dough.
- Melt candy melts in a glass bowl. Start with one minute, mix well, then 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- Coat mold with chocolate. And cake mixture, then coat the top with more chocolate to cover. If using cakesicle mold, stick in popsicle stick now.
- Stick in the freezer to help set up faster.
- Once chocolate sets take the mold out. Flip over onto silicone mat or parchment paper. They should pop right out.
- Turn over so the smooth side is facing up. Pour extra melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle to drizzle over cakesicles.
- Add sprinkles right away before the chocolate hardens.