We are stuffing tomatoes! If you are not a tomato fan, you definitely can tweak this recipe to stuff a pepper, a mushroom or maybe even go old school and have this in between to slices of bread. Either way, you will enjoy this one!
- 1 lb. rotisserie chicken, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 8 strips thick cut bacon
- 8 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios or sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of scallions or chives for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Arrange bacon on a foil lined baking sheet and coat with 2 tbsp. of the brown sugar mixture evenly to one side of bacon with mixture.
- Bake bacon for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden-brown and crispy. Remove bacon from the oven and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, pistachios, mayonnaise, stir thoroughly.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and set aside 2 tbsp. for garnish. Combine and stir remaining bacon into chicken mixture.
- Cut tops of tomatoes off and scoop insides out with a spoon.
- Scoop chicken mixture into tomatoes and top with scallions and bacon.
- Dust with ground pepper. Enjoy.