Looking for a fresh, healthy, low-carb meal option? These chicken taco lettuce wraps are not only a light meal option but they are packed with protein and plenty of flavor! Taco seasoned chicken, topped with tomatoes, sweet peppers, avocado and cilantro lime sauce, wrapped in fresh crunchy romaine lettuce leaves. Yum. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, boneless skinless thighs or breasts
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided 1 tbsp. & 2 tbsp.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, loose for garnish
- Season chicken on both sides with the taco seasoning.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and squeeze half of the lime juice onto it. Cook chicken for 5-10 minutes on both sides or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together finely chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, half the lime juice and sour cream in a small bowl until creamy.
- Layer lettuce with chicken, tomatoes, onions, avocado, and sweet peppers.
- Serve with a drizzle with cilantro lime cream sauce. Enjoy.