Vegetarian or meat eaters apply here! This one tastes great either way! Quick, easy and packed with flavor. You can bang this recipe out in less than 30 minutes. Grab a rotisserie chicken or your favorite veggies to make a super simple weeknight dinner!
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, cooked, de-boned and shredded
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1( 8.5 oz.) package red & white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 1/4 cup crema mexicana or sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, lightly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 500°F or set to high broil.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, 1 cup of water, and the taco seasoning. Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. (For the vegetarian option omit this step and proceed to step 4.)
- Lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Prepare quinoa according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (For the vegetarian option add the taco seasoning to quinoa before boiling. You can add vegetables like corn, diced squash and bell peppers here too.)
- Place black beans in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until heated through. About 4-6 min.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half, remove seeds. Place on a baking sheet, cut side down. Broil for 5 minutes or until the skins blister. Remove from oven and turn peppers over.
- Add the beans to the cooked quinoa and stir gently until combined.
- Add chicken to the bean-quinoa mixture and stir thoroughly. (Omit for vegetarian option.)
- Fill peppers with the mixture and top with cheese.
- Broil for an additional 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro. BOOM! Enjoy!