This corona chicken recipe is so good! It’s really simple and can be cooked on the grill, if you are lucky enough to have good weather.
- 8 pieces of bone-in chicken thighs, legs, wings
- 1/2 cup coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 gallon of cold water
- 8 tsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 1/2 bottles of favorite beer or substitute with root beer, peach, apple or apricot nectar, apple cider or juice, or even sparkling grape juice
Make the Brine
- Add 1/2 cup of coarse kosher salt to 1/2 gallon of cold water.
- Stir in salt until it dissolves and the water becomes clear.
- Add 4 tsp. taco seasoning, 1 tsp. chili powder, lime juice and 4 1/2 bottles of your favorite beer.
Brine the Chicken
- Rinse chicken pieces under cold water.
- Place chicken into a plastic or glass container and pour the brine over the chicken to cover.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Rub & Cook
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove chicken from brine and rinse thoroughly to remove any extra salt residue from the surface, pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the chicken pieces into a large ziploc bag and pour the rest of the taco seasoning and chili powder in. Zip the bag closed and massage the chicken so that chicken is evenly coated with rub.
- Place chicken on a pan and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Garnish with lime and cilantro. Enjoy!