These aren’t your grandma’s deviled eggs! Let’s take granny’s recipe from nosh to posh with a little brown sugar bacon. Boom!
- 12 eggs
- 3 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 tsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. sliced green onions for garnish
- 1 tbsp. of paprika for garnish
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and fill with cool water to 1 inch above eggs.
- Heat on high until water begins to boil.
- Turn heat to low and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 12 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and chili powder. Lightly sprinkle 1 tbsp. evenly over the chopped bacon.
- Heat a skillet stove top, at medium heat, cook bacon until crispy on both sides. Be sure to cook the bacon to well done.
- Remove bacon from pan and set on paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Transfer cooked eggs to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool completely.
- Crack egg shells under cool water, dry and set aside.
- Slice eggs lengthwise, gently remove yolk halves and place in a mixing bowl. Set egg white halves on a serving dish.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks into a fine crumble.
- Add mayo, BBQ sauce, mustard and mix together until you get a creamy consistency.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg white halves.
- Top with paprika, bacon crumbles & green onions. Enjoy!.