It’s Game Day and you’re hosting. Rule #67…Play like a champion! Most folks are familiar with Rule #67; but how about the lesser known Rule #173… Make a phenomenal game day dip! You can prep this recipe long before your team arrives. By drafting sausage & beef for this filling crowd pleaser you are already a winner!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 16 oz. velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) can rotel diced tomatoes & green chilis
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 green onions, sliced for garnish
- 3 tsp. tapatio
- Brown the sausage and beef in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Remove from the pan once no longer pink and place on a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Cut the Velveeta and cream cheese up into 1-2 inch cubes.
- In a slow cooker, place the beef, sausage, cheeses, rotel and tapatio and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir occasionally and reduce the slow cooker temperature to warm, once the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- Place mixture in baking dish, spread cheddar cheese over top and broil in oven until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve with toasted sourdough crostini. Enjoy!