Perfect for a weekday lunch or light summer dinner. You’ll love this easy chicken and berry salad with our phenomenal balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 6 oz. beer
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine beer, soy sauce, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 2 cloves of minced garlic to make your marinade.
- Place chicken in a large bowl or freezer bag and pour garlic marinade in. Gently rub marinade into the meat. Seal bag or cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take meat out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Slice chicken when cool.
- Place spring lettuce mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add half of the blueberries, raspberries and feta cheese into the mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1 minced garlic clove. Add the 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and whisk thoroughly to combine. Toss with the desired amount of dressing on the salad mixture and mix well.
- Add remaining berries, cheese and top with sliced chicken.
- Serve on chilled salad plates. Enjoy!