Boneless skinless chicken thighs are a staple. They are a go-to, as they are damn near impossible to mess up. That wasn’t a challenge or maybe it was. Attack this chicken sandwich recipe and you will be pleased.
- 1 - 1.5 lbs. of chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 soft sandwich rolls
- 8 slices of muenster cheese
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- Place chicken in a large baking dish and apply garlic salt and pepper on both sides. Wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Remove at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the olive oil into a large skillet and heat at medium-high heat. Put the onions in the skillet for 6-9 minutes, or until browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. of the olive oil back into the skillet. Mix in the mushrooms, garlic and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Stir frequently and remove from the skillet once the mushrooms are tender and cooked through.
- Add remaining olive oil into the skillet and place the chicken thighs in as well. Flip chicken thighs after 5-6 minutes and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- With the bottom half of the sandwich roll, begin to layer muenster cheese, chicken, grilled onions and mushrooms. Cap with the other half of the sandwich roll. Serve with chips or your preferred side salad. Enjoy!