In under an hour, you can bang out these little chicken burger sliders. Simple, healthy and just as delicious as beef! The entire family will enjoy them.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 12 slices monterey jack cheese
- 12 slider rolls
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of the grill to create direct (high) and indirect (low) cooking areas.
- Form chicken into 12 patties, about 3/4” thick and circular in shape. Using your thumb, place a small indentation in the center of patty.
- Coat patties evenly on both sides with garlic salt and pepper.
- Let patties sit at room temperature until ready to grill, about 20 minutes.
- Place patties on grill in a single layer and sear until brown and crispy on bottom, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 3 minutes.
- Move to indirect heat (charcoal) or turn down heat to medium heat (gas grill) and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Place cheese slices on each patty, cover until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute.
- Remove patties and buns from the grill.
- Stack spinach, tomatoes, chicken patty, and avocado on the bottom bun.
- Finally, drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce and top with the bun. Serve warm. Enjoy!