Taco night is upon us and we want to step it up a notch… So we decide to sizzle some fajitas!!!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 tsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 5 bell peppers, assorted colors, deseeded and sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo (our pico de gallo recipe)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 12 flour tortillas, fajita size
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with taco seasoning generously and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to get to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add chicken, cook for 7-9 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Internal temperature should reach 165°F. Remove chicken, cover with foil and set aside.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the skillet and place the onions in as well. Stir occasionally and cook until the onions begin to brown. Once they brown, add the bell peppers into the skillet. Continue to stir until the bell peppers begin to cook through slightly, about 10-12 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into fajitas strips and layer on top of the bed of veggies.
- Heat flour tortillas to preferred liking. Build fajitas with chicken, veggies and other preferred toppings. Enjoy!