These turkey burgers will provide a great weekday dinner. Grilled to perfection, topped with fresh pineapple and finished off with a drizzle of your favorite teriyaki sauce. Can’t go wrong with these!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple rings, reserve drained juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (our teriyaki sauce recipe)
- Heat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine ground turkey, 2 tbsp. of the teriyaki sauce and 2 tbsp. of pineapple juice.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and form patties slightly larger than hamburger bun.
- Season burgers with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill. Place burgers, pineapple and onion rings onto the grill.
- Cook pineapple and red onion for 3 minutes on each side, enough time for grill marks.
- Cook turkey burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side, until golden brown and meat thermometer registers 165°F in the center.
- Place burger, pineapple and onion on toasted bun with lettuce.
- Drizzle with leftover teriyaki sauce and top with the bun.
- Serve warm with your favorite burger side and Enjoy!