It seems everyone has some sort of spin on the baked potato. Today we refer to the Hasselback Potato that we believe originated in Sweden. If you like potatoes, you will definitely enjoy this method of cooking a potato. Once you Hasselback, you don’t go back. You can then tweak this recipe in countless ways…Have fun with it!
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh green onion or chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Pat dry.
- Place on baking sheet and cook in oven for 10 min. Remove and let cool for 5 min.
- Hold the potato horizontally. Cut parallel slits in the potato vertically from one side to the other, leaving the bottom intact, about 2/3 of the way through. Do not slice all the way through the potato.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Replace potatoes on a baking sheet and brush potatoes with oil and seasoning mixture. Be sure to get in between all the slices.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Place cheese on all potatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, bacon, and green onion. Enjoy.