These chicken thighs and butter mushrooms will give life to a normally boring weeknight dinner.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped finely for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat chicken evenly on both sides with garlic salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken, skin side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from the skillet.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (depending on size), until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear and are no longer pink in the middle.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining olive oil, add mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Add the butter and chicken broth and cook for 3 minutes.
- Plate chicken and pour mushroom mix over the chicken.
- Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!