We are at it again with a keto-friendly approach to a classic. Here is the keto breakfast burrito. It’ll take you minute to wrap your mind around what you can do with cheese once you see it wrapped up like a tortilla
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (or use pepper jack for an extra kick)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp.unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Add half of the mozzarella cheese to the skillet and spread evenly so it covers the entire skillet.
- Cook until edges start to crisp and become golden in color. Remove from the pan and set aside on parchment paper. Repeat with the other half of cheese to make two "tortillas".
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Add butter to skillet and cook until melted.
- Add egg mixture to pan and cook until desired doneness, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan, set aside.
- Add half the bacon, avocado and eggs to each cheese tortilla. Fold each side inward and roll to make burrito. Serve warm. Enjoy!