That’s right…Keto taco shells! You can do it. So many people are intimidated about attacking these cheese recipes but give it a try and you will not be disappointed. Try it out on these classic keto-friendly tacos.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, loose for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, place 1/3 cup mounds of cheddar 2 inches apart. Spread cheese to make one thin layer.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and slightly crispy around edges, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and blot grease with paper towels. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set up 4 stations of two upside-down glasses and a wooden spoon as a bridge.
- Using a spatula, drape the melted cheese over the wooden spoons to form shells. Let cool.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Drain grease from the meat. Return meat to skillet and add the taco seasoning and water to skillet. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Assemble tacos by placing beef in shells and top with tomatoes, onions, avocado, and peppers. Serve with a drizzle of sour cream. Enjoy!