This lemon pepper chicken recipe is finished off wonderfully with an easy garlic Parmesan sauce. It easily has the appeal to become one of the go-to busy weeknight dinners.
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on or 3 boneless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 6
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper (We love Kinder's Cracked Pepper and Lemon)
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of half & half or heavy cream
- 2/3 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of green onions
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a shallow bowl mix flour, 1 tsp. lemon pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Dredge chicken in mixture, shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken, skin side down, for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from skillet.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-20 minutes (depending on size and type), until chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear and is no longer pink in the middle, and internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in the same large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. of lemon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add half & half or heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Pour in lemon juice and green onions and stir together.
- Place cooked chicken into skillet and simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes. Garnish with lemon slices, parsley and/or capers.
- Serve over noodles, veggies, pasta or rice. Enjoy!