It’s pasta night so how about attacking this recipe?! These lemon pepper shrimp are easy to make and packed with tons of flavor.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 3 tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
- Season shrimp with 2 tsp. lemon pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine until al dente. Drain and cool with cold water.
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add in chicken broth. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Add the asparagus and season with the remaining tsp. lemon pepper. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- In the same hot pan, add shrimp and butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
- Turn off heat and add pasta, asparagus mixture and the lemon juice to the pan. Toss to combine ingredients.
- Top with grated parmesan and fresh parsley. Enjoy.