Ceviche is a dish that originated in Peru and is typically made from raw fish cured in citrus juices. Today, we’ve built our ceviche around shrimp.
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled, tails removed, diced
- 1/3 cup of red onion, diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and lime juice and let sit for 30 minutes or up to a 2 hours, or until shrimp is no longer grey. Drain shrimp and discard lime juice.
- Combine shrimp, cucumber, onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve. Enjoy!