Guess who’s got tequila in their recipe again?… This guy! Another great time to double the tequila in the recipe and reward your self while cooking this gem. You deserve it…well… at least you will after you taste your work and enjoy these shrimp tacos!
- 2 lbs. shrimp (21-25 ct.), peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mexican crema
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp. tequila
- In a small mixing bowl, combine taco seasoning and chili powder. Mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 tbsp of olive oil, 2/3 of the taco seasoning mixture, tequila and shrimp. Mix together until shrimp is entirely coated with seasoning.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime.
- Mix sour cream (or crema), jalapeno and the rest of your taco seasoning in small bowl.
- Heat flour tortillas.
- Fill flour tortillas with shrimp and top with cabbage, cream mixture and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!