Let’s elevate those classic nachos with a prime cut of meat….the tri-tip!…Yup!
- 3 lbs tri-tip roast
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup of beer
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fire roasted corn
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole (our guacamole recipe)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Mix garlic salt, pepper, soy sauce and beer in a mixing bowl, to make your marinade.
- Place tri-tip in a large bowl or freezer bag and pour tri-tip marinade over the meat. Gently rub marinade into the meat. Seal bag or cover bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours (for best results marinate overnight).
- Take meat out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat the outdoor gas grill to high heat (450°F). If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to one side of the grill to create direct (high) and indirect (low) cooking areas.
- Place tri-tip directly above flame and grill for 5-7 minutes on first side, then flip and grill for an additional 8 minutes to sear the meat and lock in juices.
- Remove from direct heat and place meat on indirect heat and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 130-135°F (Medium Rare). Remove from the grill and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread half of the chips evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle half of shredded cheese over the chips.
- Top with tri-tip generously.
- Repeat Layers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top nachos with the corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, guacamole and lime. Enjoy!