Pork and beans. Who doesn’t love pork and beans? We spiced these beans up a bit with taco seasoning and brightened the flavor with some lime juice. Try them out! We absolutely dig ‘em and love digging a spoon in ’em!
- 2 lb. pork shoulder
- 6 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 (16 oz.) cans baked beans
- Apply taco seasoning, chili powder and lime juice to pork shoulder evenly.
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker, fat side up, and add 1/4 cup water.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Shred the meat with two forks and turn the slow cooker to warm.
- In a separate pot, warm baked beans in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Stir frequently for 6-10 minutes.
- Once warm, add pulled pork and BBQ sauce into the large sauce pan and continue to heat and stir for another 4-6 minutes.
- Remove, serve warm. Enjoy!