Zombies are a local favorite around these parts. Essentially it is a little buttery, a little bready and a whole lotta gooey cheesy goodness. Bring on the school nostalgia and try this elevated rendition!
- 2 cups of chopped brisket or pulled pork, cooked (our pulled pork recipe)
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray 2 mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Layout thawed puff pastry onto a floured surface, this will avoid it sticking to the surface.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt and chili powder. Lightly sprinkle each sheet with brown sugar mixture.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 24 squares, for a total of 48 squares.
- Add 1 square into each muffin cup.
- Top each dough cup with chopped brisket, cheese and jalapeno slice.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and pastry has cooked through.
- Top with a drizzle of your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy!