A Mexican food classic with a Keto twist. These low-carb, keto-friendly taquitos or otherwise known as rolled tacos, are hearty and spicy, filled with delicious pulled pork and jalapeños, and oh yes, super cheesy with pepper jack cheese serving as the “tortilla”. Serve with your favorite toppings and you’re good to go!
- 2 cups pulled pork, cooked & shredded
- 4 tbsp. jalapeno, de-seeded & diced
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole (our guacamole recipe)
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, combine the cooked pork and jalapenos on medium heat. Heat until warm, approximately 4 to 6 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, place 1/2 cup mounds of cheese 2 inches apart. Spread cheese to make one thin layer and shape into a square.
- Bake until the cheese is slightly crispy on the edges and melted, 5-7 minutes. Blot grease with a paper towel.
- Let the cheese cool for approximately 2 minutes. Once the cheese has slightly cooled, you will be able to manipulate and mold the cheese.
- Take one square of cheese and place 2-3 tbsp. of the shredded pork mixture on one side of the square. Then roll that side up as tightly as possible, and continue all the way rolling the entire square around the mixture. The longer the cheese sits, the less mobility you will have. You can reheat the cheese for 1 to 2 minutes, should you need more time. Continue the rolling process on the other cheese squares.
- Serve your TaKetos warm with sides of hot sauce, guacamole and sour cream. Enjoy!