This pulled pork recipe is so good cooked slow & low. Drop that hunk of meat in the slow cooker and when you get home from work, handle the rest of the recipe. Prep is easy from there on out and it is well worth it!
- 2 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 (16 oz.) cans chili
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, red chili powder and paprika, to make your dry rub. Apply your dry rub to the pork shoulder evenly.
- Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker, fat side up and add garlic and water.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Shred meat with two forks and toss with BBQ sauce. Turn the slow cooker to warm.
- In a separate pot, warm chili in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir frequently for 6-10 minutes. Once warm, add chili to the slow cooker.
- Stir thoroughly and continue to heat and stir for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm. Top with cheese and onions. Enjoy!