This is a super simple recipe and can be banged out with a store bought rotisserie chicken, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cooked, de-boned and shredded
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14.75 oz.) can whole kernel fire-roasted corn
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning (our taco seasoning recipe)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh green onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced
- 1 lime, wedged
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper, cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add stewed tomatoes, zucchini, corn, black beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!