That’s right…You read that correct…Ribeye cheese steak sandos. These things are phenomenal!
- 1 lb. ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 large hoagie rolls (large enough to make 4 sandwiches)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat, add onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from pan and return pan to heat.
- Cut rolls down center and place 2 slices of cheese on each roll, set aside.
- Add ribeye steak, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just cooked through.
- Reduce heat to low. Add onions, bell peppers and mushrooms back to pan and mix with steak thoroughly. Divide the mixture in half in the pan and place remaining cheese over each half. Allow cheese to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to hoagie rolls. Serve. Enjoy!