Kick it up a notch with these Sriracha wings! Great flavor! You can double up the hot sauce in this recipe if you really are looking for a smack in the jowls.
- 16 whole chicken wings
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 limes, wedged
- Wash chicken wings and dry thoroughly.
- Place chicken on baking sheet skin side up. Lightly sprinkle salt on skin evenly. Let sit for 10 minutes. Pat skin dry with a paper towel to remove excess salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken wings skin side down and cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Flip wings and cook for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Arrange wings onto a baking rack and place rack onto foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, combine sriracha sauce and BBQ sauce and butter. Stir on low until butter is melted. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Rotate rack and flip wings. Cook for an additional 10 minutes until wings are browned and cooked through. Internal temperature near bone should reach 165°F.
- Immediately toss with enough sauce to cover the entire wing and serve with sauce on the side for dipping. Serve with lime wedges and sprinkle cilantro for garnish.
- ** For sticky wings, toss wings with more sauce and place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until desired stickiness.