Give me an hour and an Instant Pot and I’ll give you melt in your mouth pork sandos! Let’s face it, the Instant Pot is doing the majority of the work and you get the credit. Not to mention, this super simple, sweet and spicy sauce won’t let you down.
- 2-3 lbs. pork shoulder (pork butt), cut into 4 parts
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- 1 fresno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce (our teriyaki sauce recipe)
- 3 tsp. sriracha sauce
Instant Pot Pork
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute. Place 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place pork into the pressure cooker, searing 2-3 minutes each side.
- Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add the teriyaki sauce, sriracha sauce, water, 1 cup of pineapple. Toss to coat.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, with the steam valve closed.
- Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High. Set for 40 minutes.
- When time expires, allow Instant pot to naturally release, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together green cabbage, pineapple, red cabbage, radishes, cilantro, jalepeno, and Fresno chile.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice & honey. Slowly add remaining oil, whisking until smooth.
- Add vinaigrette to cabbage mixture, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Remove pork from Instant Pot and place into a large bowl.
- Remove any excess fat and shred pork with two forks..
- Serve pork on hamburger buns. Top with slaw mixture. Serve. Enjoy!