Take burger night from humdrum to yum-yum! These savory salmon burgers will bring the sweet, the spice and everything nice…to your plate!
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 large red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup micro greens or green leaf lettuce
- 1 tbsp. & 1/4 cup Kinder's Sweet & Spicy Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, garlic, and sugar. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add cucumbers, chili peppers and jalapeños. Let stand for at least 30 minutes, drain then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, panko bread crumbs, green onions, cilantro, 1 tbsp of teriyaki sauce and sriracha sauce. Stir well until fully mixed.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts and form patties the size of a hamburger bun.
- Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon patties and cook for 3-5 minutes until salmon is golden brown and has a nice crust.
- Flip salmon patties and cook for 3 minutes. Baste patties with teriyaki sauce and cook for additional 2 minutes or until salmon patties are cooked through.
- Place patties, pickled cucumbers, jalapeños and chili peppers on a toasted bun with micro greens.
- Pour additional sauce over each burger and top with the other side of the bun. Enjoy.