How about some teriyaki chicken with a healthy noodle alternative? Enter the zucchini noodle…the ZOODLE! We love messing with these zoodles, they are so versatile and can replace practically any dish calling for pasta. Soaking up the teriyaki flavor, they really bring this simple dish together.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thick
- 6 medium sized zucchini, julienned or spiraled
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil, divided (or olive oil)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (our teriyaki sauce recipe)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Cover chicken with half of the teriyaki sauce and marinate for 30 min - 1 hour in the refrigerator prior to cooking.
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden and almost cooked through, about 10 minutes (flipping halfway through).
- Drizzle 2-4 tbsp. of teriyaki sauce over chicken and simmer until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through. Internal temperature should reach at least 165 °F.
- Remove chicken and let rest on a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil and add snap peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and zucchini noodles and cook for an additional 2 minutes until cooked but still crunchy.
- Add remaining teriyaki sauce, combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Place chicken on top of noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve. Enjoy!